PQ Systems lists 5 factors why quality systems fail that will likely lead to recalls.
- Following the old rule, “it ain’t broken, why fix it.” It happens when an organization has already a pattern of producing only good products over time, thus tends to overlook excess.
- Failure to understand variation in processes can lead to a failure to address out-of-control situations.
- Complacency with respect to training assures limited knowledge of process control.
- New leadership fails to assume the commitment to quality.
- Focusing only on profits and earning reports without regard to customer satisfaction can be a death knell for quality.